Thursday, April 9, 2015

Janet Jennings - Patton Middle School

I teach because it is my passion. Each day brings new joys, new challenges, and new opportunities to learn and grow as an educator and as a person.  The energy, enthusiasm, and idealism that the students bring with them each day, is absolutely contagious!

I feel so fortunate to have the chance every day to make a difference in a student's life.  As each year draws to a close, and I reflect upon all the intellectual, social, and emotional growth of my students that I have witnessed, I feel such a great sense of pride. Yes, it does happen every year, and there are many factors and people influencing that growth.  However, that overwhelming feeling of pride in my students, never gets old.

Teaching is, and always will be, a noble profession.  I am so proud to say, "I teach". I couldn't imagine doing anything else!